I was tagged by the lovely Jess Wreford to share 20 facts about myself, as well as being nominated (by Jess again) for the Liebster Award – to write 11 facts about myself – so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and combine to two posts together. Firstly I would like to say thank you to Jess and more importantly direct you to her blog, Twitter and Instagram. She is one of my favourite bloggers and she posts *the* best snaps of food! This post is a bit away from the topic and theme of my blog, but I thought as I am relatively new to the blogging game I would take part and share some (probably very uninteresting) facts about myself with you.
A little on The Liebster Award: It is a way for newbie bloggers, such as myself, to get to know and interact with other bloggers who are in the same boat as me. The rules state that you must: 1. Share and thank the blog that nominated you, 2. Post 11 facts about yourself (+ 9 more in my case), 3. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you + ask 11 questions to your nominees, 4. Nominate some more bloggers (with under 400 followers) and post their link and deets on your blog and let them know you’ve tagged them!
So, here goes nothing:
1. I am 21 years old, and as of the 9th of September, have graduated from the University of Lincoln with a degree in Film and Television production.
2. My passion in life is Television (programmes such as Luther, Utopia, GoT etc)
3. I aspire to work in the media industry, hopefully working on television programmes like those I mentioned above, preferably as a Director or Cinematographer, a camera man – any part of the production/post-production process.
4. I am going on the trip of a lifetime next week. I am traveling to New Zealand for a month to explore and adventure one of the most beautiful places on earth.
5. I have two brothers, one older (23) and one younger (16). Both are massive pains in the arse.
6. I have cracked my head open 4 times… I’m as surprised as you are that I am still alive.
7. University was the best experience of my life. I met some amazing people and learnt so much about myself. However I completely understand and respect people who choose other paths in life – Uni isn’t for everyone!
8. I am doing my best to get fit. I have started cycling on a regular basis and I am trying to eat healthy, but….cake.
9. I adore coffee. Vanilla Latte is my usual coffee of choice, but I love a pucker Flat White.
10. Swimming used to be a massive part of my life. I completed pretty much every award there was including personal survival, Bronze, Silver and Gold awards, and I am a trained Rookie Lifeguard.
11. I used to be a massive nerd when I was younger, I was absolutely obsessed with technology, how everything worked, owning the latest kit and so on.
12. Photography has always been a passion of mine, however going to uni I focused my attention more on cinematography, but I really want to combine my skills and get back into photography (hence starting this blog up again).
13. Kinder Chocolate (even though it is a poor excuse for a chocolate bar) is one of my favourite chocolate products, however it comes.
14. I really want to be working and living in London in the next few years. Fingers crossed.
15. Blogging is something that I am growing more and more fond of. I thoroughly enjoy writing new blog posts and hopefully you guys enjoy reading them. I also love reading other blogs, so if you have an recommendations send them my way!
16. It drives me crazy when people mispronounce Espresso. Espresso not Xpresso.
17. When I was younger I wanted to be a chef. Cooking is one of my favourite ‘hobbies’, I don’t do it anywhere near as much as I should, but it has always been something that I have been really passionate about.
18. I could look at pictures of food all day long, I wish that I could just put my love of food and cooking into better practice now that I am home.
19. Fashion is slowly becoming a big interest of mine, along with travel, food and lifestyle – hence the theme of my blog!
20. I work for a charity in Chelmsford where I design their website, logos, documents and such. It is a wicked job and I love the people I work with!
As part of the Liebster Award Jess asked her nominees 11 questions, her questions – with my answers – are below.
1. If you are at University, what do you study and why? If not, what do you do for a living and why?
I have just finished University, as I said above. I’m graduating on the 9th of September with a BA in Film and Television Production. However, I am yet to get a job in the industry!
2. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
I really had to think about this one, but, even though it is so unhealthy, I would probably say Macaroni and Cheese.
3. When it comes to your appearance, what is your least favourite and most favourite feature and why?
Least favourite would probably be my nose, because it’s massive. And my favourite feature would probably be my eyes, because who doesn’t love blue eyes?
4. Have you ever broken a body part or injured yourself so you had to go to hospital? Explain your story!
I have cracked my head open 4 times.. The first time I fell backwards onto the corner of a coffee table (ouch), the second time I ran into the corner of a wall (don’t ask me why, ouch), and then the third time was a double whammy. I was, casually, chasing a train down the station platform when I ran into a steel girder, cracked the front of my head and then bounced back and cracked the back of my head open (double ouch).
5. What is your favourite chocolate bar?
6. Are you a coffee person or a tea person and what is your favourite kind of coffee or tea? and if you are neither, why?
I love really strong, dark roast coffee. But if I’m going to a big chain, always a vanilla latte.
7. What would an ideal healthy day consist of for your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks?
For Breakfast: Greek Yoghurt, granola and honey. For Lunch: Some kind of salad with grilled chicken + bacon, with avocado. For Dinner: Salmon Fishcakes (blog post coming soon!), with rocket salad, sweet potato fries and Horseradish Mayo.
8. What is your favourite treat meal/snack?
Popcorn is pretty top notch, but cake.
9. If you have a sport, what is it and why? And if you don’t what would your sport be if you had one?
My sport at the moment would probably be cycling. I cannot get enough of it, I recently did up my Dads old road bike and I am thoroughly enjoying getting fit – for once in my life.
10. Do you have any piercings or tattoos? If so, where and why?
I used to have my left ear pierced, but I haven’t worn an earring for about 7 or 8 years.
11. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I have had a blog for donkeys years, but only recently started taking it seriously. I really enjoy writing and photography, so I put two and two together and re-designed and re-started my blog. I am loving it at the moment and I am excited to see where it goes!
Now, my turn to ask my nominees 11 questions:
1. What is your main passion in life?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. Are you a tea or coffee fan?
4. How long have you been blogging?
5. Where did your inspiration come from to start blogging?
6. What is your favourite meal?
7. So then, whats your favourite cuisine?
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
9. If you had to choose one genre of music to listen to for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
10. What is your favourite clothes store?
11. What are you/did you study at school, college and university?
So, for both the Liebster Award and 20 facts, I nominate; Jonny and Andrew. There are so many others I’d love to nominate but they have all already been nominated!
Et Voila! Thank you again for the nomination Jess, and I look forward to reading my nominees facts!